Frequently Asked Questions
What does the Artists' Guild do?
The Mission of the Guild is to cultivate, nurture and grow the visual arts in our community by supporting local artists.
- We support local artists through competitive events; Annual Juried Show, Members' Awards Show, and the opportunity to be selected by a jury process to exhibit in our Gallery.
- We offer sales opportunities to our members through our Gallery, public venues, and by connecting members to regional galleries and festivals.
- We keep members updated about applicable Arts Competitions and Juried Shows.
- We inform members about possible grant opportunities.
- We provide regular programs that provide educational, inspirational, and career enhancing information to our members, and the public.
- We draw on our membership to provide paid workshops to socially and economically challenged schools in our community.
- We provide opportunities for members to mentor younger artists that are also Guild members, and with our local colleges.
Who can join the Guild?
Guild membership is open to any local artist. Local is defined as anyone living in Spartanburg County, or any county that touches Spartanburg County.
How much is membership?
Annual dues are required on the date of purchase each year to keep a membership current.
Are there any other benefits to my membership with the Guild?
Yes! Click here for Membership Information for costs and benefit information.
What are the Guild's Office Hours?
Administrative Office Hours are M-F: 1pm- 5pm .
How can I support the Guild and it's mission?
Thank you! There are several ways you can support the Guild and our members!
- Visit our FREE exhibits each month at the Chapman Cultural Center, and invest in our artists by purchasing local art work.
- Attend fundraisers and special events that promote our artists.
- Donate to the Guild via our website or by snail mail. Please see our "Support Us" section, to give online.
- Share with your colleagues, friends and neighbors our social media posts, GuildLetters, and website.
- Send us comments and ideas that you may have for our artists and organization. Let us know when you've visited our Gallery or an event....this lets us know how we are impacting our community with local arts and artists!